Ordering Day-old Chicks
ORDER YOUR SPRING 2014 HATCHLINGS NOW!
Orders will be considered booked upon receipt of payment. In the interest of fairness, we fill orders on a first come, first served basis. .
25 Dorkings: $225.00--postage included
25 Anconas: $225.00--postage included
25 chick minimum
2) Send check or money order to:
Yellow House Farm
463 Washington Street
Barrington, NH, 03825.
3) Chicks will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Upon shipment, we will phone to alert you of their pending arrival. We try to ship chicks in the order that we receive requests. If one is only able to receive chicks at specific times, please specify, but please realize that we are a small family operation, and we need to balance other commitments as well. If your request is too specific and too restrictive, we may not be able to fill it to specification and will return your order.
4) Any returned checks will be assessed a $30.00 fee.
5) Orders are not considered booked until full payment is received. An e-mail or phone call of inquiry does not constitute an order.
6) At Yellow House Farm we specialize in standard-bred poultry, bred to the specifications of the American Poultry Association's Standard of Perfection. Our strains of Dorkings and Anconas have made great strides, and we are happy to be able to offer them to other poultry breeders. Please remember, that the old adage is that one chick in ten is worth retaining as a breeder. From a shipment of 25 chicks, it is good to keep your eye out for the best trio or, perhaps, two pairs that will launch your own breeing program. As is possible, reatian and extra cockerel or two in case of unforeseen difficulty. The pullets that do not qualify as breeders can be retained as layers, and the extra cockerels make nice free-range, 6 month roasters. Remember, as you consider your own breeding program that it is better to hatch more chicks from fewer hens.